Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced world gen Parameters  (Read 985 times)

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanced world gen Parameters
« on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:49 am »

Are there any settings you would reccomend changing?, I usually just hit the "Large region" button and see how it goes, If it doesnt look like a good result, I gen a new world.

Also: Would you reccomend increasing the amount of megabeasts that survive worldgen?
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced world gen Parameters
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:44 am »

The only things that I really like different from the default is to make all caves visible:1, reveal all history:1, lowering the year limit for world gen down to 250ish, and sometimes I like to disable the population cap limit. You can also mess with the cavern openness/density/water to get caverns that are more to your liking.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:47:43 pm »

I always set mineral scarcity down to its lowest possible value, and up the volcano number to three or so.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

up the volcano, lower mineral scarcity, more titans and megabeasts and add a few more layers before breaching the first cavern. History set to 200 or 300, no pop cap or site cap. Some other minor adjustments
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:03:02 pm »

100000 demons, 10000 megabeasts, 10000 semi-megabeasts and 10000 night creatures.

Job done.

And yep. I would wholeheartedly recommend you do this.

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

I always drop the cavern number to 2. It helps conserve FPS, but you still get access to the whole underground fauna and flora.

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 04:22:02 am »

Intresting tips guys.

I have never dug deep enough to encounter the lava sea, And i have only embarked on a volcano once, So i may Up volcano count, and increase the megabeast survivability [But not as much as Loud Whispers reccomends, i dont seek armageddon :P]
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.