Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning cabinet.  (Read 929 times)

lavions

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning cabinet.
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »

Hi, I cant assign cabinet to my sheriff, when I try it, it does nothing, is it because he already owns 28 items? But I assigned him just 5 items, Thanks for help!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning cabinet.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

The cabinet might be assigned to him, but that doesn't mean he owns it. He owns the room, but not the items the buildings within are made from. The items he owns are his clothes, basically, and maybe some food or booze.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

You can't manually assign a cabinet to a dwarf.
Put it in his bedroom, and it'll count as his and he'll use it to store owned items.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

Make him a bedroom.  Assign the bedroom to the sheriff.  Build the cabinet in his bedroom.  You don't need to assign the cabinet to him, just building it in his room is enough.  If he owns 28 items, you might need to make more than one cabinet for him.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

he already owns 28 items

I believe each cabinet will hold 8 items. Worn items don't count. Give him 4 cabinets.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

Every dwarf I have "owns" 28 items. Is that actually possible, and if so should I be building like 5+ cabinets for all of them?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 01:23:59 pm »

It's very possible that they are currently wearing quite a number of those items on their body at the given moment, therefore reducing the need for cabinets. My general rule is if you find stuff lying about on the floor then the dwarves who own it need more cabinets, but else wise you can pretty much give them 1 cabinet each and then just ignore it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:50:39 pm »

I've certainly had that with my military guys, dropping their cloths in my barracks. How do I tell whose it is, though?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »

Just hit "k" and look at the dropped piece of clothing. It should then tell you who it belongs to.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.