Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learning to mod, im doing what everybody else probably did at one point. (solved  (Read 453 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I want giant desert scorpions to inject boiling gold into their victims.
I know, unoriginal.
but yet, it would teach me how.
That said, i just copied the gold raws from material_inorganic_metal or something, and changed the TEMPLATE_POISON to TEMPLATE_METAL.
Now when i test it in arena, its just 'n/a spatters over (body part)'

I got it to work!
thanks for helpign me :D
i have molten a alligator body
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:51:59 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Learning to mod, im doing what everybody else probably did at one point.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, this part is important. Even more specifically, the underlined part.

LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON means the locally defined (in the creature's raws) poison material.
Gold should be INORGANIC:GOLD or so.

I hope you know what to do with the LIQUID part.

The game knows poison is poison because that material is called POISON there, at the bolded part. It's injected because it [ENTERS_BLOOD]. I guess. If you want gold to be injected and not spatter over parts, you'll have to add that tag, I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:44:57 pm by Minnakht »
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Learning to mod, im doing what everybody else probably did at one point.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:12 pm »

Basically, this part is important. Even more specifically, the underlined part.

LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON means the locally defined (in the creature's raws) poison material.
Gold should be INORGANIC:GOLD or so.

I hope you know what to do with the LIQUID part.

Ye, i noticed it, i think i changed it to only GOLD.
But, i changed gold to be (thus just copied it over and make spec_heat one, so it heats up whit every step the creature takes) local.
So i would have to do LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:GOLD?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.