Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Grass turning to sand?  (Read 4854 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Grass turning to sand?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »

also, I just downloaded the DFHack bundled with DFusion and Stonesense however i can't seem to find an exe.  Did i download the wrong thing?
No - the latest DFHack loads itself into Dwarf Fortress itself by pretending to be "SDL.dll".

Also, it looks like the latest DFHack release doesn't include my regrass plugin - either you can download the sources and compile it yourself (assuming you've got Visual Studio 2010 - Express will work) or wait for the next release (which will probably be soon).

I actually do have Visual Studio 2010.  Where may i find the source?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Glitch(TMG)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »

So, is there or is there not a way to trigger grass regrowth, with hacking or otherwise?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 07:42:46 pm »

Well, the obvious no-dirty-hacking workaround would be to dig out, and flood, a large underground area.  Assuming a non-arid cavern has been revealed, you should get moss, and later shrubs & trees, in the underground area.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »

also, I just downloaded the DFHack bundled with DFusion and Stonesense however i can't seem to find an exe.  Did i download the wrong thing?
No - the latest DFHack loads itself into Dwarf Fortress itself by pretending to be "SDL.dll".

Also, it looks like the latest DFHack release doesn't include my regrass plugin - either you can download the sources and compile it yourself (assuming you've got Visual Studio 2010 - Express will work) or wait for the next release (which will probably be soon).

I actually do have Visual Studio 2010.  Where may i find the source?
Right here. You'll need git in order to fetch the sources (be sure to include submodules) and cmake in order to create the project files.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2]