Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pathfinding bug  (Read 490 times)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pathfinding bug
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:43:00 am »

I currently have a metalsmith standing in a workshop with no obstructions, with a well probably 12 squares away, spamming constant 'cancel's drink - Cannot find path' messages. I wouldn't be terribly worried, but he's my legendary metalsmith, and I really don't want him to die of thirst.

Any ideas what this could be? I've checked all the doors around him, and they're all reading as unlocked.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinding bug
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:20:00 pm »

Just bumping this because i've double checked, and there is nothing blocking his path, and he's still not going anywhere.

Valkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:30:00 pm »

Try dismantling the workshop?

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 03:02:00 am »

I've tried, but he's just standing in the middle of it, refusing to do anything, and noone else seems to be interesting in doing it either.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 01:59:00 am »

Are there any obstructed drinkable areas nearby, especially the rivers?  The dwarf could be trying to get through the walls to the "nearest" river point.  The dwarf might have glossed over the well for some reason.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

shrikebtr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »

Nagash or anyone else have any updates to this? I currently have the same issue, but with a legendary miner. He seems to be stuck in the middle of a magma smelter, spamming cant find path to drink messages. There is a well about 15 spaces NW of him, with 2 seperate clear paths there. I have also checked the straightest path possible to the river from where he is, and there is no obstructions (doors, tower caps). This basically just happened out of nowhere, without me changing anything. Everyone else is able to walk around the area just fine, but he is somehow stuck in the middle of the smelter.

shrikebtr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 07:27:00 pm »

Update: I managed to get a dwarf to take down the smelter... which resulted in the trapped miner getting burned up by lava, as the square he was stuck on was the magma square.. it seems like somehow he walked onto it, and got trapped.