Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I killed a goblin war leader.  (Read 1494 times)

Clownie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I killed a goblin war leader.
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:01:46 pm »

What does this entail? Will goblin sieges cease, or will they just appoint a new one?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I killed a goblin war leader.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »

It entails little or nothing. Sieges will continue, but they won't appoint a new leader. They'll just carry on without one. The only thing it might do is if that goblin was responsible for taming the animals his civilization rode, in which case they won't come mounted anymore.

Actually, if you hadn't killed him he still would've lost his position, and the goblins would eventually have carried on sieging you without any leaders at all. Apparently attacking a dwarf fortress and not wiping it out is grounds for execution or something. In fact, any historical figure that leaves the map vanishes, so I guess being a trade liaison or diplomat is grounds for execution, too.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:10 pm »

Actually, they don't disappear. Well, goblins and elves pretty much disappear because their sites don't exist in adventure mode  :P But ex human lawgivers who have visited you can be found again in adventure mode having lost their position.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:24 pm »

You'll have to kill all the goblins before they stop sieging :P

On the bright side, the more leaders you kill, the higher your chances on the law giver roulette says you'll get a demon >:£