Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: This game does not like me....  (Read 2096 times)

madmenyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This game does not like me....
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 04:06:38 pm »

I always store my food in a seperate no barrel stockpile so they can't be stored in barrels (or pots), since you can't choose to trade the meal but not the pot or barrel

I always make plenty of stone pots, never had an issue where i could not trade with the elves because my food was in a wooden container.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:08 pm »

Yup, it crept into my head that I had been wrong about the alcohol, although mainly about the plants.

They way I trade with them, though, there's rarely any alcohol in their loads, so it's not something I've ever grown to rely upon.  But, yes, plants.

But mainly all things wooden (most of which I don't care for, but maybe the next dwarven caravan is going to be happy to have a whole load of wooden amulets from me, something I'd never make myself) and plant-fibre cloth.  Loads of cloth.  Loads and loads of cloth.  And all things wooden.

Anyway, this no longer answers your question or helps your situation, so I'll shut up about all the all things wooden.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:56 am »

The most important resource is flux, followed by iron. Really, you only need flux to make steel. Steel is made from 3 starting components:

Flux, Iron, Fuel

Iron is needed, but you can melt down goblinite to get it. I'm pretty sure goblinite is infinite since they just keep coming and coming, assuming they come at all. You can get fuel by burning wood, which is a renewable resource, assuming you can't mine it. Flux is the hardest to get since it's not really something you can easily get from invaders or traders.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 05:42:33 am »

The dwarven caravan should bring you a few pieces of each flux for which you gave a high priority, no? Not much, sure, but you should get 15-20 stones a year. Of course, it's a little on the "light" side to maintain a steel industry.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:45 am »

15-20 stones? Not even a full set of armour :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]