Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod Ideas and Suggestions Thread  (Read 962 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod Ideas and Suggestions Thread
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:10:39 am »

Just post ideas you had for mods you want to see/make.
For starters: I've always wanted to make a STALKER mod. It just seems to fit the whole 'losing is fun' aspect of the game. I might just have a go after the new update is released.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Ideas and Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:09 am »

'em dinosaurs
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:17 am »

Recreate Diablo I

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35:39 pm »

Working on a total conversion mod for dinosaurs right now. I made a list of all the dinosaurs I want and finished some of the reactions. Making bone weapons, paint workshops, removed a lot of stone layers, soil and gems, etc. Right now I'm trying to shorten my dinosaur list.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »

Right now I'm trying to shorten my dinosaur list.
Can I have the list of the dinosaurs you want to do?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »

I'm using this list: http://www.dinosaurfact.net/Cretaceous.php

I'm doing Jurassic and Cretaceous only. I'm still deciding whether I should include Triassic. Ohh, and I can't forget about the Paleozoic era for vermin/fish.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:42 pm »

I'm doing Jurassic and Cretaceous only. I'm still deciding whether I should include Triassic. Ohh, and I can't forget about the Paleozoic era for vermin/fish.
I havent started but looks like our methods arent compatible :( I intent to go up from the evolution chain and pick one representative of each branches, depending on their uniqueness (and size, definitely), regardless of the era it's in. I think that'd take a good month since I dont have much time to do this among my many other hobbies. But most likely I'd have many shared objects with you so I'd contact you when I have my list ready and maybe we can split work.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm »

I havent started but looks like our methods arent compatible :( I intent to go up from the evolution chain and pick one representative of each branches, depending on their uniqueness (and size, definitely), regardless of the era it's in. I think that'd take a good month since I dont have much time to do this among my many other hobbies. But most likely I'd have many shared objects with you so I'd contact you when I have my list ready and maybe we can split work.

You mean like this: http://www.dinosaurfact.net/groups.php? I tried to do it like this once, but it got so confusing trying to keep track and I just gave up.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »

You mean like this: http://www.dinosaurfact.net/groups.php? I tried to do it like this once, but it got so confusing trying to keep track and I just gave up.
Pretty much yes, but I'm following the wikipedia hierarchy so it's even more convoluted.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 05:05:14 am »

there was mezoic dwarfs last version.

i hav always wanted to sea Avatar as a mod. Navi=elvs unobtanium=candy youd be the miners

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 05:26:10 am »

I have always wanted to see Avatar as a mod. Navi=elves unobtanium=candy. You'd be the miners.
I hadn't considered that one. Nice idea.

Dragon Age anyone?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »

I have always wanted to see Avatar as a mod. Navi=elves unobtanium=candy. You'd be the miners.
I hadn't considered that one. Nice idea.

Dragon Age anyone?

Heard about a DA total conversion mod in progress. It might make more sense with next release coming, when Darkspawn blood syndrome could actually turn some unfortunate Urist into a ghoul or a Broodmother instead of just killing :D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."