Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame, Rochard + 15% off ALL gamersgate games!  (Read 1580 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

http://savygamer.co.uk/2012/02/09/15-off-gamersgate-com-for-life/

You should probably all do this ASAP, just remember to cancel your renewal.

For those without access to cards, I'll be giving my Steam key for King Arthur the Roleplaying Wargame to the seventh person to PM me requesting it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Bumping for freebies.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I didn't know this game was a RPG.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Yeah, King Arthur is basically Total War with more RPG features, monsters and magic from what I hear (my PC is too shite to run it).  I'm not sure about Rochard yet, but I'll be playing it later today.  Also, still waiting on that seventh PM :)

E: If there haven't been seven by midnight (GMT) I'll be sending the key to whoever was the last person to PM me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:14:36 am by lordcooper »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

King Arthur is fun, but it doesn't flow very well. One moment you're crushing all the armies without breaking a sweat, when suddenly a new stack pops up and outlevels and outclasses you on every front. Oh and archers are like having an M16 during the medieval ages; They mow down everything :P

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The RPG and strategic/management elements of King Arthur are quite good. The tactical battles on the other hand are a bit annoying though.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I'm still failing to see what gamersgate gain from this.  Surely it's gonna cost them a lot of money.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

I'll be very surprised if the 15% for life deal is actually for "life." I suppose they can always redefine/clarify what "life" means here. Kind of like my phone company did with the word "unlimited" years back, and continue to do with words like "guarantee."

Rochard looks entertaining. I gifted my copy of King Arthur since I already had it, but it was pretty neat.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Until they say otherwise, it sounds like it's for life. Not really that huge a thing to give away if it gets them some more purchases - GamersGate have always been a bit of an also-ran in the digital download market so anything to get more users.

Also note: you can cancel your trial before it expires, and then sign up again next month for another free trial. Free games and exclusive betas for as long as it takes for IGN to figure out they're being stupid!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Also note: you can cancel your trial before it expires, and then sign up again next month for another free trial. Free games and exclusive betas for as long as it takes for IGN to figure out they're being stupid!

And may it be a very long time indeed :)