Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civilization take-overs  (Read 565 times)

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civilization take-overs
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:41:15 am »

Howdiho,

I've been generated several worlds in order to get an interesting one and there was one world, which struck my attention.
There were in total 3 living dwarven civilizations.
One dwarven civilization got in a war with a goblin settlement and finally lost the fight. That dwarven civilization is now under command of a Human king. (I've figured the goblins kidnapped some humans and keeping them as leaders).
Another dwarven civilization had been raiding elven settlements, but finally lost to the Elves. They are lead by a Elven queen. (which I've seen before).

Now I was wondering, I'm seeing all these dwarves getting taken over (eventho some of them had a lot of fights, which they actually won and pillaged)
Is it possible for an Elven civilization (or Human/Goblin) to be taken over by Dwarves?

So the king of the Elves would be a Dwarf for example.

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about something like this happening.

Not that it is of much use, as you can probably not play with an Elven society, lead by Dwarves. (unmodded that is)
But I are curious!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization take-overs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:16 am »

Yeah it's certainly possible for dwarves to take over other civilizations. It doesn't make any difference in fortress mode however, as you still only get dwarven migrants and all of the caravan merchants are still dwarves. Really the only difference that it can make is if the dwarves take over a civilization and someone of that civilization manages to rise up and become king like Cacame Awemedinade did.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:26:05 am »

Yea, I remember the Cacame story and it's partially the reason why I've been trying to generate interesting worlds like that.

I do think that the Human king of one dwarven civilization sadly died in year 1050 and this human was some kind of evil demon spawn.
Wanted to try a game with a demon king, but alas ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »

Set demon types number to 10,000.

Now you have more demon kings than you ever wanted :3