Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2012 Hurricane Season - Isaac is angry.  (Read 2035 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Hurricane Season - Isaac is angry.
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 06:36:11 am »

Oh? They brought it up and sounded like it was pretty serious on Swedish news (and it's not like we keep much of an eye on Korea to begin with :P), so I assumed it must be bad. Also said a lot more people died, but I guess numbers were still unclear at that point.
Love, scriver~

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 07:03:04 am »

Isaac has just plain been weird its entire lifetime. So far it's defied all expectations to strengthen, instead preferring to simply cover more area. Then, once we had official landfall, when most expectations are for it to start to weaken, it then starts strengthening! Right now it's stalled out on the Louisiana coastline, pounding storm surge and winds into New Orleans and the surrounding areas. One of the levees along the Mississippi river has already broken or been over-topped, letting up to 12 feet of water flood into homes in that area. (It was one of the areas that hadn't had its levees upgraded after Katrina, I believe.) It's not an incredibly strong storm, but it's been moving so slow and staying strong against expectation. A half a day of this kind of weather is bad enough, but we're already 12 hours in and expecting another 12-24 worth of it for the New Orleans area.

Oh, by the way, Today is the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's landfall in Louisiana as well.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 07:15:24 am »

It must be honoring the memory of its ancestor D: That's not good.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 07:30:08 am »

Man, that typhoon hurt Best Korea hard. I wonder how many people died over there...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3]