Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS: Change the contact/squad leader question  (Read 2223 times)

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS: Change the contact/squad leader question
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:30:30 am »

So I have an active squad that exists just to get future squad leaders enough juice (via violence as its fastest) to lead other squads at 6+ recruits.  I finally get 2 future leaders up to 500 juice, so now I want to assign them to be leaders/contacts for my peaceful fundraiser & activist squads, thus freeing up recruitment slots for the founder and making him not the contact for every single LCS recruit.  How do I do this? 

The promote liberals screen looks like it, but none of my leaders has reached enlightened status yet, so does this mean they're stuck being recruits/contacts for the founder or what?  How can I get them to enlightened status?

I realize I could start a new game where I recruit future leaders, train them up, then have them go off and recruit their own squads so they'll be the recruiter/default leader, but there has to be a better way, I don't want to have to start a new game just for this reason!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS: Change the contact/squad leader question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:29:48 am »

There isn't currently a way to move people in a fashion other than directly promoting up the chain of command. In theory, this represents that if a group of recruits already knows the founder, you can't then isolate them from knowing the founder in the future by placing them lower in the chain of command.

Due to the way recruitment limits work, it would make sense to have more flexible reassignment, and also have characters track who they know. So if someone works in a squad with a peer, they can testify against that squad mate in court, regardless of who reports to whom. Then we could let you move characters around at will. You'd be able to have a designated recruiter who filters all recruits, then reassigns them to appropriate leaders elsewhere in the organization. Your founder could personally recruit everyone, and then organize the chain of command below. But if you do this, the recruiter also knows everyone, and is a big security risk if arrested -- or conversely, everyone knows the recruiter, so they're in danger if anyone gets caught.