Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird spawn on reclaim.....  (Read 378 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Weird spawn on reclaim.....
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

Seems all the dwarves spawned on the same square at the edge of the map.  And the wagon is nowhere to be seen.

I have the save if you want it.

Did the wagon spawn outside my map?? No scutlle message so it isnt here anywhere.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Weird spawn on reclaim.....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

I noticed one of my saves does that right before this last release, so I won't need yours.   I have no idea why it happens though.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:57:00 am »

Is the middle of the map too cluttered for a wagon to be placed, and was there enough room where your dwarves appeared for the wagon? Only time I've had something similar to this was when I made a 3x10 over the ocean, which placed my wagon at the northernmost edge of the map, where there almost wasn't a straight enough edge for it to fit right up against the ocean. Wasn't a reclaim, though, was just a normal embark.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: ein Syndication ]

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

Yeah i was thinking that might be why, it happened after several serious battles on reclaims with the demons the ground was littered everwhere with all kinds of stuff.  If thats it maybe you can make the wagon move items to an adjacent tile or cruch them like a bridge when its placed, if that is why this happens anyhow.

I wonder if I can go see if the wagon is indeed on the adjacent map, ill c if i can find it in adventure mode.

[ February 20, 2008: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:35:00 am »

To find out if there's indeed no space left, build a depot and look for wagon accessibility.  All you need is one green square, and there's space enough for a wagon.