Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eat Roc  (Read 1058 times)

Edges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eat Roc
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

My military has a Roc on the ropes. I want the meat though. And I know that once something it killed by the military,the butcher won't touch it.

What to do?

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Eat Roc
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:50 am »

If your dwarves are set to be able to recover the corpse, you should still be able to butcher it.  It may require manually dragging it over, making sure it is not forbidden, and ordering a butchery task at the shop, I do not recall, but as long as it was not a tame creature, you can still butcher it no matter who killed it.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Edges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:44 am »

What constitutes "manually dragging it over"? If I call for a "butcher a dead animal" at the butcher, wait 'till it's killed, check if it's forbidden and unforbit it if it is, will that do the trick?

EDIT: Ah, yes. I see what you mean. Problem solved, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:07:29 am by Edges »

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:59:35 am »

post solution for future reference please
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:54:38 am »

Tame animals cannot be butchered (only slaughtered), but wild animals can be butchered normally after they've been killed. Unless they are too small (like maimed buzzards with a good chunk of meat missing, or ducks... So many duck corpse in my refuse stockpile... Why won't my hunter stop to shhot down ducks?  ::))

Edges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:02:55 am »

post solution for future reference please
It turns out to be automated. Kill it, and they'll drag it in to butcher. If there's a bunch of other prey ahead of it, forbid the other stuff until it's done. If the roc (or whatever) is a ways off, set a stockpile right next to the butcher that is set to only accept refuse from that specific animal.

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:31 am »

They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 04:33:19 am »

if it's outside, remember to set it so dwarfs gather refuse from outside (o, r, o)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.