Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Collective ideas needed. Will be added to existing mod  (Read 1909 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Collective ideas needed. Will be added to existing mod
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:39 pm »

4 Greater Demons ? Sounds like Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeench :)

I had a similar idea, giving them item drops that are unobtainable otherwise, but I did not really get to that.

There were supposed to be seven, but two of them are waiting for new features.  Right now the only ones that work are wrath, famine, and pestilence.  The unfinished ones are ruin (in progress), infidelity, cowardice, and temptation (in progress).

DONE

Hellion = flying humanoid creature, razor sharp claws, attacks in huge swarms.
Greater Demon of Wrath = enormous creature, enormous horns, brass skin, brutal melee fighter.
Greater Demon of Pestilence = enormous creature, toxic gas and blood.
Greater Demon of Famine = enormous creature, one arm, one gigantic pincer claw, injects venom that destroys the guts.

IN PROGRESS

Greater Demon of Ruin = enormous creature, flying, has dragon fire and another breath attack that causes all sorts of FUN.
Greater Demon of Temptation = enormous creature, ungodly natural dodge skill and resilience.  Weak but irritatingly hard to kill, its main threat comes from luring military units out of position and into other demons.

WAITING

Greater Demon of Infidelity = enormous creature, it is itself weak in comparison to other demons, but has a breath attack that causes attackers to turn on each other.
Greater Demon of Cowardice = enormous creature, powerful melee fighter, has a breath attack that adds [FLEEQUICK] token to enemies.

I am 99% sure that both of these creatures in waiting will be possible with the next DF release.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:37:38 pm by narhiril »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »

How about an industry for weapon/armor development?
Use a workshop that takes the aforementioned paper, a writing utensil(charcoal?) and has a chance of producing a 'blueprint' of a unique weapon/armor(or one that another civ uses)? The 'blueprint' could then be used to manufacture that weapon/armor, or could be sold to a civilization's caravan for a hefty price(If supply and demand are editable in the next update, then perhaps after selling one blueprint, the rest are worth next to none?)

Civilizations would sell blueprints of their unique weapons/armor for a very high price(as to discourage just buying the blueprint) to you, so that you could make the item yourself, rather than depending on the caravan. Blueprints would have a 5% chance of being destroyed during item making, which means that you'd have to buy another one/make another one by chance.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking:
Research (race) (weapon/armor) design [5% chance to get blueprint(weapon blueprints equally share the 5%), 95% chance to get scrapped blueprint(possibly recycle-able?)]
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:45 am »

Would be awesome to add blueprints and somehow add those to quickfort. MAke the research, and you are awarded with the use of quickfort ^^

Add an historian that enables the Legends Viewer...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:24 am »

Other civs selling blueprints is very possible. Just set the blueprints into toys, add them to reactions and voila!

As for getting blueprints from your fort, you could make some kind of training workshop that has a chance to consume the item used to study, while making the reaction produce a random blueprint with the probability of 1. That way, everything will be balanced, and you'll need more than just one book to get a blueprint.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 [2]