Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: List of Fortress Mode Features in this coming patch!  (Read 4946 times)

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: List of Fortress Mode Features in this coming patch!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »

Yeah-If I can get a link of that one I will add it to the list. And @ starshard I don't think dwarves will replace worn out clothes just yet, or not that i've heard of.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 10:38:49 pm »

Iron will be added to the material type list in weapon stockpiles.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »

I heard somewhere that the "vortices of purple light" and/or "dark clouds" in the Hidden Fun Place might make an actual appearance. Not entirely sure where I heard it though.

That would be epic.

Shame that I dont think Toady mentioned anything like this anywhere, unfortuanatly.

He didn't. It was this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98529.msg2882201#msg2882201 and this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98529.msg2882207#msg2882207

Suggestions like this CAN be put on the suggestion board however: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0

starshard0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:49 am »

Yeah-If I can get a link of that one I will add it to the list. And @ starshard I don't think dwarves will replace worn out clothes just yet, or not that i've heard of.
But that's like the biggest bug ever! Oh well. I'll just go along with my nudist dwarves.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:11:08 am »

But that's like the biggest bug ever! Oh well. I'll just go along with my nudist dwarves.

Playing DF in the nude? no wonder dwarves commit dwarficide >.< brain bleach now please.

and no I think the biggest bug would be the mixing of lye/water to make unusable buckets. compared to practically making the hospital useless a little streaking is no big deal.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:25 am »

I'm actually hoping for a bug that results in zombie microcline ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »

All of it!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:47 pm »

According to Toady's newest update, the dwarf preferences are to be remade. No more slade earrings, it seems.

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 12:01:46 am »

I read on one of toady's updates that there is random metal? You need to find it and determine it's usefulness in armour and weapons ( it is made when you embark, its completely random ) And also that underground, if you venture quite deep, there will be pockets of rocks that contain clouds of gas that will make your dwarves suffer different syndromes
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »

To the gentleman above me, I don't believe that is coming in the immediate version.... However I do remember hearing something similar though but thought that it will be in the future?-If you can find the source I will gladly add it to the list!

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:15 pm »

Yeah, I'm happy such a system is in consideration. Random elements/ores and some rare ones with attached effects would be damn cool. Trial and error, or maybe a workshop that can "test" ores to reveal their properties. Like I shouldn't have to make a mace of the weapon, and then assign it to a dwarf and fight things to find out it is light as a feather or something. But yes, keep feedin' me whats up for this new patch.

*Edit* Does anyone know if the grazing bug for large animals is fixed? I hate that bug.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »

Yeah, I'm happy such a system is in consideration. Random elements/ores and some rare ones with attached effects would be damn cool. Trial and error, or maybe a workshop that can "test" ores to reveal their properties. Like I shouldn't have to make a mace of the weapon, and then assign it to a dwarf and fight things to find out it is light as a feather or something. But yes, keep feedin' me whats up for this new patch.

*Edit* Does anyone know if the grazing bug for large animals is fixed? I hate that bug.

That is a really easy fix,  just edit the raws.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:24 pm »

If migrations of historical figures happened...

A. Repeat of the circumstances that created Cacame> Abandon fort>he migrates>put him as leader of militia
B. I have a half-breed creature I like in my game. He had a fire-imp dad and a dwarf mom. He was one of the most epic dwarves ever, and if he migrates to my fort...PROFIT.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

If migrations of historical figures happened...

A. Repeat of the circumstances that created Cacame> Abandon fort>he migrates>put him as leader of militia
B. I have a half-breed creature I like in my game. He had a fire-imp dad and a dwarf mom. He was one of the most epic dwarves ever, and if he migrates to my fort...PROFIT.

He was one of the most epic dwarves ever

He had a fire-imp dad and a dwarf mom.

Not a Dwarf.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 05:04:24 pm »

No. It's an abodmination created by !!SCIENCE!! and hax. So essentially, a hacked-up dwarf.
Pages: 1 [2]