Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WOW! it's WAY harder to lose than i thought it was...  (Read 2778 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: WOW! it's WAY harder to lose than i thought it was...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:05 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

umad.

Also, doomsday weapon. Losing is easier when you throw it at your Dorfs like a vengeful polyspaston from their very nightmares.

If you know what a polyspaston is... Hint hint, latin...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:56 pm »

Taking your enemies with you is better than screaming FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-at the monitor.

Also, if you ask me umad? I ask you a question.

ujellybro? :P

Mintaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 01:40:28 pm »

I've had some experiences of both types with goblins.  Sometimes they run away as soon as the encounter resistance-- especially if they get hit by lots of traps without finding anyone they can kill.  On the other hand, once, a goblin spearmaster, the last survivor of his siege, made his way into my fort and followed my fleeing civilians all the way down to the second cave level before finally being killed by a wrestler.  His spear killed seven of my dwarfs personally, and that fort's hospital still has 25 wounded dwarfs in it from that siege, several months later.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

You can always use the fort defense mods and orc mods. there ought to be a few other nasty ones out there. Doesn't hurt to add some smexy [NO_FEAR] [NO_PAIN][NO_STUN] etc. Bonus points if you dupe the entity entry and rename it so you can have 4 gobbo sieges in a season... All know no pain nor fear! Just sayin' =D

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 05:24:50 pm »

OK, from now on I'm assuming the following to be true.
The goblins come here because they, on some level, want to live here and be as we are; happy in our own little way.
so im going to stop killing them when i can avoid it, as they dont REALLY mean us any harm, this is just he only expression their people know.
From now on, it's cage traps only. I'm stripping them of their weapons and armor, and dropping them in a specially made goblin habitat.
after a few centuries of social evolution, i bet their distant descendants will be fine pleasant fellows, worthy of sharing a drink with.

I've dug out the area i think will work well for them underground, but i'm wondering what, if anything they'll need down there to keep happy and entertained.
ideas, suggestions?

EDIT: I'm fairly certain they won't really breed no matter what i do, right?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!
Pages: 1 [2]