Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stuffs about ipads and printers  (Read 693 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
stuffs about ipads and printers
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

OK, so I guess here if anyone is having issues, this might be the place.

For me, I have been trying to get my grandmother-in-law's ipad to detect her printer so that she can print from it, but so far I have had very bad luck.

The problem is that she has a computer by Microsoft, and for some asinine reason the "airprint" that the wireless printer supports, absolutely HAS to go through the computer, but *gasp!* she has 64bit windows 7!

So the printer is enabled, the latest itunes installed (so that the Bonjour service will be installed as well to support airprint), as well as airprint being made into the x86 directory.

They say that you are supposed to at this point run CMD as an administrator, and enter in some things, specifically these two lines:

sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirPrint\airprint.exe -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto

sc.exe start AirPrint

but at the second line I always get an error that says:

"error: 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I've looked up a number of ways to solve this, but so far nothing has worked.

This is the link that so far I have found to be the most useful:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1047779

And just to be clear, I'll repeat all the devices involved:

ipad 2 with ios 4.3.3 (8J2)

64-bit Windows 7

HP Photosmart 6510 series (supports airprint and is wireless, works fine with the computer)

I think that should be everything, she has a wireless network and all that jazz.

If anyone can help me, I would LOVE YOU. I had trouble with this for hours yesterday, and am close to giving up today. Also, if there is an app that can bypass this 'need' to go through the computer (I know there is some from reading the link I gave earlier), please by all means suggest an app or two to look into. She said 5 or so dollars wouldn't be a problem for getting her ipad to be able to print.

Thanks in advance!