Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drop-offsite inaccessible  (Read 342 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Drop-offsite inaccessible
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

After some of my Dwarves went down into the caverns to fight troglodytes, the decided to haul some armor back from a dead recruit. Unfortunately they didn't start moving back and just spammed me with cancellations. So I dug out a separate path to the staircase for them, instead of letting them use all the twisty ramps to get back. It worked at first, but now they're stuck on an unbroken up/down stairway. Continuing to spam me with cancellations again. Other Dorfs are using the staircase without any problems at all, so I doubly know it's not broken.
What can be done about this stupid problem?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drop-offsite inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:38 pm »

Any burrows active? If a dwarf is assigned to a burrow that includes an item but not the stockpile it can be put in, they can take the stockpile item job but can't actually complete it, so they'll go to the item, pick it up, and then get confused and spam dropoff inaccessible messages.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Drop-offsite inaccessible
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:07 pm »

I currently have no active burrows, except for one so my doctors can practice.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.