Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The default ASCII tileset - square tiles? And why are the tiles so "odd"?  (Read 543 times)

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile

So I've decided to try the ASCII tileset for once (Using Ironhand normally), and I've changed the graphics set to ASCII using Lazy Newb and then manually chaning the INIT to use the 16x16 squares .png file instead of the 800x600 - but why are the tiles in the 16x16 so stretched compared to the 800x600 (the diagonal lines in particular). Were they simply squished in a paint app to fit a square set or? Is there a fix for this to make 16x16 tiles as pretty as the 800x600 ones? (or at least fluid as opposed to jaggy and crisp)
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>

Illanair

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as Nexie.
    • View Profile

Fixed it! ;D
I am going to copy the chicken entry and rename everything chocobo and make it 100x the size of a normal chicken and make it rideable.  Too bad our dwarves probably wont ride them. >_>