Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege-less fortress  (Read 622 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Siege-less fortress
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »

How can I fix this?
I know giving wood things to teh elves makes them angry, and can lead to sieges...
But I want the sweet, sweet goblinite! (I also want the thrill of my sweet, sweet bansaws hacking through flesh  :P  )

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Siege-less fortress
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »

Weather or not the goblins attack is based on your created wealth and population. If you are only in your first couple years. Then your wealth might be too low. But if your past that and have made a lot of stuff than it is likely that you embarked far away from any goblins, or possibly even that they all died in world gen, a rare but not impossible thing. Sadly if either of these are the case than your current fort will never be sieged by goblins.

In the future you can use the tab key (I think that's the one) to cycle through different information on the embark screen and one page will show the names of all the civilizations that are close enough to that point to interact, with the fortress you would build. You could then compare these names to the ones in Legends mode for that world to determine who will show up.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:59:03 pm »

usually you're just far away and it takes them a year or more to get to you after the sieges are made possible
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »

Considered adding multiple entities, all hostile to you? Like a personalised fortress defence mod ;)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »

check the follow, have you created a lot of wealth?
do you have a population over 80 (no including children)?
when you embarked did goblins show on the embark screen?
---------------------
if you said no to any of these, no seige for oyou

has there been any goblin snatchers or thief's?
have you killed any goblin raiding parties?
if you said yes to either of thees you will get them eventually, please note its possible for the leader of a goblin civilization to come with a raiding party, if you kill him Ive heard they will not come for some time
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 05:23:58 pm »

press (c)ivilizations
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.