Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ohcrap ohcrap ohcrap  (Read 826 times)

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
ohcrap ohcrap ohcrap
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:49:12 pm »

The Mountain Titan Renuna Ayilocana has come! A huge one-eyed wasp. It has two long, spiral horns and a regal bearing. It's fern green exoskeleton is rough and cracked. Beware its poisonous sting!

What do?

My 10-dwarf military has candy plate mail, iron leggings, and iron helmets. 5 of them have iron battle axes, 4 have iron short swords, and one of them has an artifact iron spear. They aren't really skilled enough to fight even an ambush effectively. I've relied on my cage traps to fight off the goblins.

I don't have access to magma or marksdwarves. I have a small horde of war dogs though, if that can help.

EDIT:

Wow, that was actually easy to kill. I only lost 2 guys :/

Some of my people got trapped outside, and a migrant wave arrived as well. I decided that I couldn't risk losing the soldier, so I opened the gate and let my soldiers out, promptly closing it behind them. They beat it to death with a shield bash to the head after hacking it's lower body off o_O

Dwarf Fortress is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:00:59 pm by Sting_Auer »
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: ohcrap ohcrap ohcrap
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

I was going to suggest invite it over for tea, but bashing in it's skull with a metal plate works too.

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »

I was going to suggest invite it over for tea, but bashing in it's skull with a metal plate works too.

The latter is a traditional dwarven greeting.
*insert witty signature here*

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:36:02 pm »

It was a wooden shield ._.

I don't have any metal besides candy (And my only two sources are now flooded with magma), so I was on;y able to get enough of it to make 10 plate mail. I've been relying on goblinite, so I need to save my metal as best as I can. Therefore, wooden shields instead of metal.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 02:46:46 pm »

Copper is the best metal for shields :D

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:43 pm »

I know, but I'm going to use the copper for my archer squads I am soon going to set up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 03:45:23 pm »

I know, but I'm going to use the copper for my archer squads I am soon going to set up.

I would prioritize metal shields over metal bolts, and wooden bolts replace metal ones nicely... Might just be preference though :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:15 am »

Candy...armor?!

Wow, some people get all the luck with their metals.

Here's a small tip for fighting off those uninvited guests.

Numbers count in every battle.

The characteristics of the guest (in this case, titans), which means what they are made of and what is it's special action (poisonous sting is just...poison, watch our for those that breathe dust!!).

When in doubt, wall up ye fort. Or use the drawbridge as a wall.

Edit: 1 day late?