Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101500 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I had a feeling there was some unforeseen problem with my D1 plan given that it was a bastard mod and a resurrection is a power that you have to be very careful about introducing to the game, but I wanted to go ahead with it anyway.  I actually came up with my D2 plan first, but I knew I needed to keep quiet about it until after a night ran, anyway.

The town worked together incredibly well this game.  I feel a bit bad about giving Mii that ultimatum come D4 (bow out or get lynched) but the fact of the matter was I trusted Book and McNoble way the hell more than I trusted her.  Sorry!

Tiruin:  I just had a bad gut feeling about you all game (that I really can't put a finger on), but to me, you sealed your scum team membership with this post:

First of all, Bookthras, hold your fire and save it for the real third-party. I am not the third-party.

Suspiciously Specific Denial here.  You were pretty much obvscum already from not actually winning the frontrunner spot (free inspect ahoy!) but this sealed the deal.  If you're going to deny something, don't deny half the charge- be full on about it.  At some point playing scum, you're going to have to drop some bold-faced lies, big old whoppers.  You can't go halfway when it comes to those.  It's been said, but never be afraid to bus.  Ask yourself what Town Tiruin would do- if it's vote your scumbuddy, then do it.

GG:  Putting the doc and the resser on the same guy was an interesting touch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

I was expecting Mii to flip survivor, because that seemed like the sort of game she played.

We just always had actual scum to lynch, so going after survivors didn't seem like a hot priority.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The one change I SHOULD have made, outright, was to allow the Godfather to get points for his fake issues. With something like "Not only can you convince those who inspect you, but you can also convict the public".

I really dropped the ball there. Then he could have won the Frontrunner status based on Arch-Con.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

McNoble:  I must add that for a first game, you played damn well.   Hope to see you in more!

GG:  That would have made D4 a lot more interesting.  Book probably would have inspected me and Mii, giving Tiruin a chance to take the brunt of the scrutiny and drive it away.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

Tempting, Toaster, but I'm already in the hammer you're running, and I don't want to jump into too many games at once. Some other time, perhaps.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

I don't want to jump into too many games at once. Some other time, perhaps.
There are never too many games. I keep a fine record of being in every single game hosted on this forum for about the last half a year. :P (Well, with the exception of Wild Wild West, the last unfinished Vengeful and a couple of BMs)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]