Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small interface change that would help a lot.  (Read 515 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small interface change that would help a lot.
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:49:38 am »

I would like to be able to "hide" a creature from the unit screen. Each individual creature could be hidden by selecting them and pressing something, "h", perhaps? And a button, perhaps "H", would un-hide all the hidden units. There's two pages full of animals that my hunter's kill, and another several pages of livestock and I can't even count how many pages of dead goblins. It's a big pain to scroll down through that.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small interface change that would help a lot.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

this would be nice, or an option to hide all dead units.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:46:11 am »

The units screen in DF is getting changed, a LOT in the new version, but it won't have this hide feature you're suggesting.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:05 am »

As Loud Whispers said, there are changes already for the next version which may at least alleviate your need of a hide button somewhat:

"I split the unit screen into 4 categories (citizens, pets/livestock, others, dead/missing). I suppose there's more to do there, but it is a start."