Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Curious Underground Structures [SPOILER]  (Read 4033 times)

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
Re: Curious Underground Structures [SPOILER]
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »

At the risk of being helpful, I can tell you that I've never seen one take up that much space. They're usually much smaller in my experience.
Thanks for being helpful! :) I guess I was right about this one being unusually large.

you cant mine it out but if you can clear out the undead infesting it, youve got a pre made fortres

Hm. Dwarven Demonic Fortress. Demonic Dwarven Fortress. I approve of this idea.
dwarf fortress: now with added demons.
Waht? Always demons. Always dig deeper. Take the demons, the demons are now yours as well.

Are you talking about the assimilation of the demon and undead populations into the dwarven one?

Or do you simply mean to cage everything, then release the horrors of the underworld onto those damned elves.

EDIT: That is one long quote.

I doubt that caging is going to work. Runesmithing them might do the job, though as I've stated, I don't care much for demons. Beware the Bay12er! It undulates rythmically as it types! (Somehow that sounds... wrong.)
The quote isn't long enough! It must continue! (So we can weaponize it even more!)

Funny that what seals demons in hell can be broken with a modded in -wooden training pick-, and what escapes hell can be captured by a spider ---A SPIDER MIND YOU--- and stored indefinitely  in a +flimsiwood cage+. Demons are harmless.

Harmless, that is, until they start throwing fireballs, breaking doors and slaughtering everything in sight.

Also, maybe this quote will develop sentience if it grows large enough.
woo! I helped in a quote pyramid!

also, I may try and assimilate clowns at some point...
That should have been in the quote pyramid as well. We must give this mega project all we got. Moved it for ya.  :P
Forum Megaprojects: 100 z-level quote pyramid!
We'll get warned for this.

anyway, make an underground borg cube and mod a workshop to turn clowns into dorfs.
Dangerous Obviously Retarded Fucking Shits.
we are dorf. you will be assimilated.
EDIT: RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
We shall stand upon this quote pyramid and pluck out the very heart of Armok, for glory brothers!

Sorry, really didn't mean too! D:
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 12:08:07 am »

At the risk of being helpful, I can tell you that I've never seen one take up that much space. They're usually much smaller in my experience.
Thanks for being helpful! :) I guess I was right about this one being unusually large.

you cant mine it out but if you can clear out the undead infesting it, youve got a pre made fortres

Waht? Always demons. Always dig deeper. Take the demons, the demons are now yours as well.

Are you talking about the assimilation of the demon and undead populations into the dwarven one?

Or do you simply mean to cage everything, then release the horrors of the underworld onto those damned elves.

I doubt that caging is going to work. Runesmithing them might do the job, though as I've stated, I don't care much for demons. Beware the Bay12er! It undulates rythmically as it types! (Somehow that sounds... wrong.)
The quote isn't long enough! It must continue! (So we can weaponize it even more!)

Funny that what seals demons in hell can be broken with a modded in -wooden training pick-, and what escapes hell can be captured by a spider ---A SPIDER MIND YOU--- and stored indefinitely  in a +flimsiwood cage+. Demons are harmless.

Harmless, that is, until they start throwing fireballs, breaking doors and slaughtering everything in sight.

That should have been in the quote pyramid as well. We must give this mega project all we got. Moved it for ya.  :P

anyway, make an underground borg cube and mod a workshop to turn clowns into dorfs.
We shall stand upon this quote pyramid and pluck out the very heart of Armok, for glory brothers!

I'm in a quote pyramid surrounded by idiots -_-

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 02:59:24 am »

You mean stacked with idiots right?
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 05:27:12 am »

This is a quote pyramid. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of idiocy. On the item is an image of a toad and forumites by an unknown artist. The toad is striking a menacing pose. The forumites are weeping. The article relates to the warning of the forumites by the toad in 2012.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 06:41:13 am »

This is a quote pyramid. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of idiocy. On the item is an image of a toad and forumites by an unknown artist. The toad is striking a menacing pose. The forumites are weeping. The article relates to the warning of the forumites by the toad in 2012.

Permission to sig?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 01:19:04 pm »

I'll give permission... so long as you don't remove my part from the sig >:D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

I wouldn't dream of it!  ;D

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 05:46:19 pm »

Speaking of clowns, I finally lost a fort to them. Is it safe to reclaim it, or should I just start over?
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 07:21:19 pm »

Speaking of clowns, I finally lost a fort to them. Is it safe to reclaim it, or should I just start over?
Reclaim. Always reclaim. Bring all steel armor and sharps, and seven good military dwarves. Show the hellspawn what dwarves are made of!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »

Did you have to post at the end of the pyramid? D:

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »

there is no end of the pyramid  8)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »

Only problem I can see with a fort that high is the amount of zombies, and due to that, the amount of miasma, and due to that,, the amount of lag. Also path finding.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:39 am »

Towards your skanky fortress.

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »

Amazing how this thread has 50ish replies, yet less than a fifth of them is actually on topic. I love you, Bay12. :D
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:18 pm »

Amazing how this thread has 50ish replies, yet less than a fifth of them is actually on topic. I love you, Bay12. :D
Staying on topic is for elves. Also, this thread needs more socks and magma.
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]