Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Update features?  (Read 6521 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Update features?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »

Apparently goods will now move around the world, which means it will finally be possible to get steel equipment for adventurers. Fortresswise, this means mass producing stone trinkets is no longer a solution for all trading, and maybe supplies often traded from other cities will start getting more pricey too.

The historical figures moving to the fort are a massive plus too. Only some of the dwarves catch my affections, but when all of them have some sort of backstories it will be much easier to personify them.

I don't think supply and demand is quite in, yet.

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 01:57:35 pm »

Is it really coming out tomorrow? Or I misunderstood the announcement on main page?

erthel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »

Got the same impresion. Let's see.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

Is it really coming out tomorrow? Or I misunderstood the announcement on main page?
Got the same impresion. Let's see.

4 issues. Release tomorrow/next day?

Nope.  Misc issues will be followed by:
map maintenance, optimization of the new stuff, sponsorship critters and incorporation of Baughn's fixes to the SDL stuff.  The map maintenance, optimization, and sponsorship stuff have the highest chance of bogging me down, and each of those three could add a week a piece, say, which would put us just into February.

I wouldn't expect it any sooner than a week.

Also, what's the context of the LCS reference? I don't quite get it.

Most likely the New Hampshire primaries.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

I got impression that he have 4 issues (judging by context, not big deals) and nothing about when he release new version. Who knows how much time these last details will take.

Still, I consider game unplayable for now. Remember state of 0.31.01 when it got released? Oh, this will be "fun" (note lack of F), and not in actually fun way.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »

The major question I have is whether this is enough of a framework that the future Caravan arc releases aren't going to take as long. Seeing as how the world outside is now something that affects Dwarf and Adventure mode, rather than a randomly spawned caravan three times a year and assorted migrants, I'm guessing and hoping it will be.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 12:33:49 pm »

The major question I have is whether this is enough of a framework that the future Caravan arc releases aren't going to take as long.
Yes, they will take long time as current release and this have nothing to do with framework. Toady is unable to prevent feature creep, otherwise we would have first release long ago, and second probably coming soon.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.
Pages: 1 2 [3]