Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiles no longer working  (Read 380 times)

Bluekirby25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stockpiles no longer working
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:02:23 am »

Hi, so I dug out a nice large area for multiple stockpiles, and everything was going fine until my dwarves just started ignoring all of the resources, like gems and wood literally lying around them.  They just won't put them in the stockpiles.  However, they will still stockpile food.  I've already looked under (o)rders to see if anything was set to ignore, but they're all set to gather.  I've also tried to delete then re-add the stockpiles in the same place.  It might be worth mentioning that I've hidden all of the chert ore/rocks lying around using (D)esignations > Set (B)uilding... > (H)ide items.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 04:06:11 am by Bluekirby25 »

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles no longer working
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:08:10 am »

Did you forbid anything? Have you tried making a new stockpile but at a different place?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:24:44 am »

Dwarves refuse to stockpile large gems at all. Checked your (o)rders screen?

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:44:02 am »

Do you have hidden rocks on your stockpile? A barrel or a bin can be stocked on the same tile than a rock, but raw uncontained materials (ores, wood, cages...) can't. So it would explain why you can stock food (in barrels), but not wood.

And as said by whispers, gems should be OK (in bins), but large gems won't go in any stockpile.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

It might be worth mentioning that I've hidden all of the chert ore/rocks lying around using (D)esignations > Set (B)uilding... > (H)ide items.
Well, there's your problem!

Food can be stored in barrels and various finished goods can be stored in bins, both of which can be placed on top of existing items in the stockpile, but for everything else you must clear the stockpile of items before anything can be stored there.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Bluekirby25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:09:03 am »

Ah, alright, thanks guys!