Advanced search  

Poll

Should I embark next to the goblins?

Hell Yeah!
- 15 (100%)
NO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Should I...  (Read 523 times)

Lovecraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Should I...
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:56:35 am »

It's a simple question should embark next to goblins. The embark zone is perfect, aside from them being right nextdoor. Plus I need a challenge. However i'm not sure of the dangers of such a task.

What do you think?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Should I...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:58:48 am »

Meh, they are going to attack you even if you settle miles away from them, so if you ask me its not really much of a question.
This is a blank sig.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:44 pm »

I was going to say "Never ask this question, just do it and be damned with the moral implications!" but then I saw what the question actually was.  And it doesn't matter.  Goblin towers don't technically exist, and your embark square is totally separate from the rest of everything.  Distance makes no matter.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:08:33 pm »

You can always reclaim for revenge! Go on!
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:17 pm »

You should do it and drive their civ to extinction. When you eventually dig deeper, you can sip a glass of sewer brew and admire your flavour of madness in legends mode.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:37:52 pm »

I was going to say "Never ask this question, just do it and be damned with the moral implications!" but then I saw what the question actually was.

Similar with me, I thought "Yes, there is absolutely no reason not to do so." before i even knew what you were asking. But to answer your question, yes, there is absolutely no reason not to do so.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o