Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Designate mining for multiple Z-levels?  (Read 1984 times)

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Designate mining for multiple Z-levels?
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:19:42 am »

I tried to make a mineshaft by designating one tile at the top, then designating another tile several Z-levels below. Didn't work though, it only worked for the bottom tile and didn't designate it for the layers above.

My question is, is there a way to make mineshafts other than making it one layer at a time?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Designate mining for multiple Z-levels?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:23:36 am »

Well!

You can probably set up a Macro, or wait for the next release, which will have that exact thing.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:27:40 am »

Well!

You can probably set up a Macro, or wait for the next release, which will have that exact thing.

Oh, I didn't know that would come up in the next release. Thanks!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:17 am »

vdigx in DFHack will designate a whole vein for mining, sticking in up/down stairs where appropriate. This can of course unleash caverns and magma
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:13:35 am »

Use the mouse.  Hold down click, and hold down > to designate straight shafts quickly.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 01:14:47 pm »

Use the mouse.  Hold down click, and hold down > to designate straight shafts quickly.
.... THANK YOU (TEARS) I HAVE BEEN PRESSING 777 enter 333 enter > 777 enter 333 enter FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE THANK YOU!!!!
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »

Very useful. I've been using macros for it. I just hate the mouse... it doesn't seem roguelike-y enough. Actually, give me keyboard commands and I'd never use the mouse at all, period. Just one pointer is frustrating when you're used to having a whole keyboard at your fingertips.

Of course, I also miss DOS, so... :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 01:21:33 pm »

Next version promises multi-level designations like the way burrows currently work, so at least Toady is aware of the issue and has already fixed it.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22:39 pm »

Quickfort/Chromofort is a good application to designate areas for digging, plus has a repeat option for multi z-levels. Besides its fun to create blueprints for future excavated areas in a paint program.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »

*Girlinhat has created a masterpiece!*

Once more, Girlinhat proves to be the resident legendary dwarf. That never bloody occurred to me.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?