Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indie game 3079 (Alex Poysky`s Indie pick for December)  (Read 1787 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Indie game 3079 (Alex Poysky`s Indie pick for December)
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:39 am »

Hey guys, it's been a really long time since I have done this, and without going into too much detail it's due to me making a game. I won't but gushing about it either as that would be plain stupid and there is a whole post dedicated to it already. What I will do is go back to what I loved doing and talk about indie games I am having loads of fun with right now.

This month I am playing 3079, made by phr00t_.  First off, obligatory link to the game https://sites.google.com/site/3079game/ as well as some pics.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now let's get the huge ugly elephant in the room it's attention. YES YES YES it looks like minecraft, ok? But it's a whole different game. As the creator himself states it is more of a fallout/minecraft crossover than anything. In fact, construction is only an afterthought.

There is a whole comprehensive skill system, with levelling and everything. Each item is randomized, so you could get an Engineers Sword +2 or a Medical sword. I once got a Jumping Sword and found myself jumping around a lot higher as well. Really incredible stuff and you can tell he has taken cues from other game's randomized loot systems in this respect, which is an awesome thing!

The game has a faction system, as well as a day/night cycle that keeps things interesting. It's always fun to go up a hill and hear a barrage of gunfire (oh yeah did I mention it's sci-fi!) and see a bunch of large monsters shooting at each other. While the graphics aren't the best in the world, they are quite fun to look at, and sniping a smiling brute from a mile away never gets old.

Oh, multiplayer, yeah, it has that too, so sink your teeth in ASAP.

Price: 8.99 $, that's a meal at mcdonalds guys, come on, tens of hours of fun with your friends!

I for one know that once I get around to buying a new game I'll be getting it. Oh yeah, everything I have played so far has been just from what I can piece together using the really neat demo he has on his main site. Go ahead and give it a spin!

Happy holidays everyone!

Poysky Productions

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Indie game 3079 (Alex Poysky`s Indie pick for December)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:52:32 am »

It is nice to see a Sci-fi Craft-like. How does the flow of gameplay of it compare to Minecraft or Ace of Spades?
Is resource collection a thing like in MC?

*Edit*
Also check out the fan-art, it is outstanding.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:54:37 am by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:21 am »

Is it anything like 3059?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:43 am »

*cough*

Downloaded the demo at some point in the past. Pretty much failed the frst try and forgot about it. Time to have another try.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:44:50 am »

The updates have been coming in at a pretty good clip as well, definitely pleased at how it has grown since I purchased it.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 07:57:29 am »

No resource collecting from what I could see in my limited play of the demo, it is really REALLY fun however!
Poysky Productions

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:07 am »

Another 3079 thread?  :o That's OK with me!  :P

Thanks alexpoysky for the props!

I'm working on getting this game published on Desura -- it was already accepted here: http://www.desura.com/games/phr00t

You can mine for gems to sell for cash -- but no Minecraft-like resource gathering (I wanted a unique experience, hehe).

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:39:14 am »

Phr00t in the cyberflesh!
It is a Bay 12 miracle!

Thank you based dwarf.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26:41 pm »

Phroot, hit me up on skype I will get you a direct meeting with the desura agent. Let's see if we can help you get published tonight ;). Also, gamersgate ;)
Poysky Productions