Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Doomsday Devices  (Read 1059 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Doomsday Devices
« on: December 26, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »

Post your ideas for doomsday devices(those making the map uninhabitable, through pits, water,
!!MAGMA!!, or others) Please post original ones, not just the screw pump/water wheel combo.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doomsday Devices
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

mods plump helmet men to be [PET]s, tame a bunch, let them breed a bunch more, let them get used to lingering in your common areas.

Then-gather them all in one room and light them on fire with magma.  Plump helmet men burn like eternal lights.  Release the flaming mushroom men from their magma encounter and into your fort. Now they will burn eternally in your dining area. 

Profit.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 04:21:10 pm »

Also, it's easier to make roasts out of them when they're pre-roasted. I guess.

Sadly, I'm yet to build any doomsday devices. I play Paragon, I can't seem to have an interest in making my own people die.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »

The conceptually simplest one is to build a support near the bottom of the map, channel down to that layer on all the edges then dig out the whole layer around the support, then rig the support to a lever...

Tectonic reorganization will result.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.