Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All-female Fortress?  (Read 3553 times)

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
Re: All-female Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »

So, I've heard a bit about DT, but never actually used it (due to using a Mac, which no utility seems to work with).  What is the point of it?  Is it really that much more effective than simply doing things manually?

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

OP: I totally got the wrong idea when I read the title of the thread. I thought this was some new dwarven plan to get rid of births. I was imagining the cruel destruction of every poor male that happened to wander by. A haven for feminist dwarves, probably... But isn't there a MLP version of Dwarf Therapist somewhere?
elimination of males is not feminism. equal treatment as males is feminism.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

scarletraven87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 03:36:33 pm »

ahm, I started a new one with 1 male indeed.

So, I've heard a bit about DT, but never actually used it (due to using a Mac, which no utility seems to work with).  What is the point of it?  Is it really that much more effective than simply doing things manually?

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPCSijLH8U&feature=related

p.S: Woah! Second post and I'm helping people!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:42:08 pm by scarletraven87 »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

OP: I totally got the wrong idea when I read the title of the thread. I thought this was some new dwarven plan to get rid of births. I was imagining the cruel destruction of every poor male that happened to wander by. A haven for feminist dwarves, probably... But isn't there a MLP version of Dwarf Therapist somewhere?
In my experience... Hardcore feminists tend to strongly dislike guys in general... Especially those who act mannerly towards them - opening doors, "ladies first", etc. Maybe their goal isn't total eradication of males, but it'd probably make them happier. =P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 03:47:34 pm »

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

In my experience... Hardcore feminists tend to strongly dislike guys in general... Especially those who act mannerly towards them - opening doors, "ladies first", etc. Maybe their goal isn't total eradication of males, but it'd probably make them happier. =P
no need to get defensive, just a simple correction.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 04:19:44 pm »

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

no need to get defensive, just a simple correction.
Not defensive. But yes, you were right, elimination itself isn't feminism.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »

i know im right.
i dont speak if i aint sure.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

Let's cut the heat, shall we?

On-topic, I've never had more than ten or twenty females in my forts before. Certainly would be fun.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 04:53:56 pm »

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

Not to go off-topic, but doesn't it seem more dwarfy to separate the babies from their mothers AFTER they're born with a well-placed water stream, and then leave them at the top of a tall pillar rising above the mountain as bait for the giant eagle trap? I mean, there are uses for births. Of course, substituting male for baby, and doing the same thing works too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »

...Or have the babies swept down a river to forge Dorf Rome.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 02:18:10 am »

RARGH I AM OFF-TOPIC

YES. Oh, GOD, yes.

Not to go off-topic, but doesn't it seem more dwarfy to separate the babies from their mothers AFTER they're born with a well-placed water stream, and then leave them at the top of a tall pillar rising above the mountain as bait for the giant eagle trap? I mean, there are uses for births. Of course, substituting male for baby, and doing the same thing works too.
if you get this working, i want screenshots, dude.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:10 pm »

So when do they go mad, begin screaming "DEATH BY SNU SNU!" and banging anything designated male on the map?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!
Pages: 1 [2]