Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Awesome-est God, ever.  (Read 2905 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: The Awesome-est God, ever.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 12:20:08 am »

I forget her name, but my recently abandoned fort had a goddess of war, victory, death, and suicide.  I reasoned that if you weren't victorious in battle, you had to commit suicide.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 12:26:38 am »

I had a goddess of mountains, war, fortresses, wealth, and something equally dwarfy (maybe it was volcanoes...), depicted as a female mountain wyvern. I was going to build a colossal statue of a wyvern similar to this one for her, but I got bored of that fort, and eventually that world in general, and it's gone now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 12:27:07 am »

my favorite ever was "Ibmat flickeredglowed, the flare of branding." in every engraving, statue, carving, and trinket that has an image of him on it, he is ALWAYS depicted as a screaming male dwarf. which is apt because he is the dwarven god of fire.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:24 am »

Speaking of cool gods, I recently had a cool statue I'd never seen before:  It was of some mountain goat god of chaos or something, and some dwarves.  The god was unnaturally contorted, and the dwarves were melting.   8)
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 12:32:45 am »

Update! The word "Ertal" means LUXURY.

So the name of my god of wealth is "Luxurious gilded fortunes of golden taxation." By Waukeen's purse, that's one hell of a win for the random name generator. (These are created by a random name generator, aren't they?)

ADD: Oh, alas, I am already defeated by one of the gods listed in the "Teh Doahwf Pantheon" thread, Istrath Silverytaxed the Wealthy Luxury of Bejeweling, another deity of wealth (and only wealth). "Istrath" translates to "jewel." I no longer believe that these name-associations are random.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:25:13 am by SixOfSpades »
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.
Pages: 1 [2]