Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Deadly dust?  (Read 6927 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly dust?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 06:17:26 am »

I've had some dust spewing demons inflict some horrible contact syndrome before. Took me a while to realise it was being spread because of the wall. I eventually just let it run its course until i lost around 90 dorfs.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:38 am »

I had a forgotten beast recently that was a ball of water with three tails and deadly dust. Wisely, I sent a single marksdwarf out to deal with it.
He shot one bolt that tore the body apart, but the resultant explosion of steam and deadly dust killed him instantly from some distance away.

The combat report was beautiful, I wish I'd screenshooted it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »

I had a forgotten beast recently that was a ball of water with three tails and deadly dust. Wisely, I sent a single marksdwarf out to deal with it.
He shot one bolt that tore the body apart, but the resultant explosion of steam and deadly dust killed him instantly from some distance away.

The combat report was beautiful, I wish I'd screenshooted it.

Suicide blob. Epix.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 10:10:23 pm »

today i reentered a fort that i opened up to hell... before i could even enter hell I stumbled upon a ice Minotaur demon... when my adventurer attacked the beast it killed it in one hit... but about 5 moves after that the dust that the minotaur spewed out touched my adventurer and he few up to the roof of the cave (3 tall) and died at impact with the floor! was this an exploding creature or was it just the poison? edit: there's one small detail i forgot to tell... the demons poison melted my char's face off before he hit the ground
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:12:15 pm by keyreper »
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 10:11:21 pm »

Dust will knock you around randomly, as it behaves like a cave in explosion accident.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 10:13:01 pm »

Dust will knock you around randomly, as it behaves like a cave in explosion accident.
my face melted off also

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:52 pm »

my face melted off also
HAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Loud Whispers is having trouble breathing.

HAwohOHWOAhhaha.

Ok that would be the syndrome taking effect.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 12:12:45 am »

With Deadly-dust creatures, I've found it's best to wash any dwarf involved, and make sure the resulting puddles are not someplace your dwarves walk. some contact things will sit on your military dwarves armour for a long time, then you'll find a discarded sock in the barracks that has made all your dwarves feet start rotting.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:36 am »

Quite a while ago I had a forgotten beast with a deadly dust that caused instantaneous necrosis appear in a very open cavern (due to custom worldgen parameters). I sent a bunch of recruits after the beast and they all jumped on top of it, axes swinging wildly. Just as most of the recruits got within range, it used its dust attack and blasted them across the cavern. Anyone who was flung by the dust also contracted its necrosis syndrome, and as a result, fledgeling axedwarves rocketed across the cavern in all directions until they exploded against the walls, all the while emitting miasma like some sort of putrid contrail. Not one dwarf survived.

The scene was gruesome but utterly glorious. I don't recall whether the beast overtook the rest of my fortress... I most likely sealed off the caverns before it could wander in.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 11:30:42 am »

in my next fort im going to have a place for dwarfs (that have been covered in deadly dust) to was them off with a little magma water
Pages: 1 [2]