Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: It's over. (At least in England) NU MO BADGERS FO YO  (Read 4085 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: It's over. (At least in England) NU MO BADGERS FO YO
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »

White tails aren't venomous, but their fangs contain bacteria that causes necrosis. Believe me, i've seen it. One of my friends was bitten a couple of years back on his right hand and the skin turned black and peeled off. And it stank.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »

White tails aren't venomous, but their fangs contain bacteria that causes necrosis. Believe me, i've seen it. One of my friends was bitten a couple of years back on his right hand and the skin turned black and peeled off. And it stank.
Nothing like getting the Rot to make your day.  At least he didn't have his fat melted off, or suddenly bleed out everywere like some syndromes ... what? oh, this wasn't in game?  :D

Lived in coastal VA area of the US for quite a while.  I like the wolfspiders because they hunt just about every other small critter around (including those noisy crickets).  I highly disliked the brown recluse (necrotizing venom) and black widows, however, for obvious reasons. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:30:15 pm by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 12:11:44 am »

Here in South Dakota we don't take kindly to badgers, I once chased one down in my grandfathers pickup truck going about thirty miles and hour, ran the badger over and it was still alive, shot it with my 22-250 browning and it was still alive and coming right for me. If you've never been face to face with a ran over shot badger its terrifying. Finally after a couple more shots It finally succumbed to death. But man that was an expeerience. They were quite the nuisance for farmers here, since they dig decent sized burrows and cause much grief for farmers and their fields.
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 05:11:51 am »

I think the US army is busy exterminating farming crundles in their underground fortresses.
Crundle leather is very usefull you can make clothing, robots, helmets, gauntlets, breastplate, gunpowder, guns and other things using it.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 05:18:04 am »

Talking about badgers, one disadvantage that that particular animal has is its lack of speed. The European badger can't really do much about this, but the North American badger can as it occasionally forms a working relationship with the common coyote, one of the fastest and most cunning predators in North America.

If England had coyotes, the badgers would have taken over there years ago.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 08:42:13 am »

*Sips tea* Oh you silly boys, tell them Telegraph

"CRICKEEEEEEEEEEET!"
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

If England had coyotes, the badgers would have taken over there years ago.

...It had wolves.

I think the US army is busy exterminating farming crundles in their underground fortresses.
Crundle leather is very usefull you can make clothing, robots, helmets, gauntlets, breastplate, gunpowder, guns and other things using it.

D:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]