Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smallthieves, a mixmod succession game  (Read 885 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Smallthieves, a mixmod succession game
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:09:07 am »

Hey, guys. I'm not sure how many succession games there are that feature the mixmod, but this'll be fun even if there are a lot of them.

Smallthieves is a Diomedian Pony outpost of a civilization known as The Monstrous Demon. The civilization is run by Ushang Uroshshezrod, the queen, and Elcur Geddorab, the general/drunk. It has two miners, a woodworker, a mason, a metalworker, a farmer/cook/brewer, and a fisherman.

There will be twelve spots, and it will rotate between them when the list runs out.

No using cheat buildings unless there's a bug or something!

Players will play for an in-game year and then upload their save for the next person. You can post a journal. I would recommend it.

1. Blank
2. Blank
3. Spish
4. Blank
5. Blank
6. ShoesandHats
7. Blank
8. Blank
9. Blank
10. Blank
11. Blank
12. Blank

Save download

Make sure to get Mixmod before playing!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:27:29 am by ShoesandHats »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smallthieves, a mixmod succession game
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:50:26 am »

I feel it's worth noting that, just like kobolds in v31.25, all the carnivorous civs in MixMod (i.e. half of them) die out completely during worldgen. Kind of a drag, but if you can find a way to circumvent this issue (like maybe using an earlier version of DF, applying the koboldfix to all those races... or something like that) I'm down for a turn.

Never actually played dwarfmode on this mod, but from what I hear it's insanely brutal with the countless hostile races. So, word of advice, the first 3 overseers are going to have to do everything they can to prepare for the encroaching hordes. This has the potential to be a crazy Fun time.

Edit: Wait, another pony succession? Goddamn it... But I might be willing to overlook this fact because it's MixMod of all things.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:40:09 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:59 am »

I didn't make it a pony civ on purpose. That was just the local race, I guess.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 03:23:37 am »

For future reference, you choose your civilization by TAB'ing over to the civs on the embark screen and selecting it with +/-. It's not programmed to specify or distinguish by race, but (if not verifying through legends) you should be able to come to a vague assumption based on the civ's map symbol, location, and relationship with their neighbors.

Anyway, sign me up for year 3.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:29:11 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:50:39 pm »

Bluh bluh huge bump

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

Which one of what?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »

Which one is this, I haven't played that one.
It's every DF mod ever packed into one. So there's like 300 races, magic, godlike beings, tons of new items and monsters... pretty much anything you can think of, it's all here. (much of this being completely silly and out of place). In a word, insanity.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:44:01 pm by Spish »