Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I know what you did last embark.  (Read 559 times)

Mercutian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I know what you did last embark.
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:56:08 pm »

I had tried my first embark into sinister wilds with no river and temperature being hot. Had lots of problems starting up with werewolves and harpies and ogres and whatnot. Abandoned my fortress after a tantrum spiral begun with my expedition leader legendary+5 miner murdering people. I went to reclaim my fort while preparing carefully and 10 minutes in I notice dorfs bleeding to death, getting skulls caved in and pieces of body parts hacked off. Turns out my old expedition leader was still alive living in the wilderness, still whipping around that steel pickaxe killing all my new and my kitted out military.

Anyone see anything like this?

more accurately, am I right in the assumption that it was my old miner come back to quench his murderous rage?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:01:24 pm by Mercutian »

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I know what you did last embark.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 04:16:33 pm »

Quote from: Wiki Page On Reclaiming
If your fortress fell to a tantrum spiral, there may be berserk dwarves lurking in ambush for your embark party. Be prepared to deal with whatever destroyed your fortress before

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Reclaim_fortress_mode
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I know what you did last embark.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:43 pm »

And thus, I achieved my berserk dorf corps.

I could never reclaim that fortress...