Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The final word in dwaven paranoia/My peacock friend  (Read 610 times)

YouknowwhoIam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The final word in dwaven paranoia/My peacock friend
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:34:13 pm »

It all began one average afternoon, I was working on my paranoia-powered deffence for my fortress, when some new travelers arrived, one, who happened to have a pet peacock, turned out to be an expert swords dwarf, sheild user, wrestler, abd a couple other fighting-related things, making him pretty much, an expert boss. So he struts into my fortress, and I put him on my small militia right away, and not a moment too soon, because almost right after that, a large army of elves attacked. This is where the paranoia kicks in. Instead of simply locking the doors and waiting out the fight, I allow out my small milita, then lock all 15 doors, and move my population to an underground bunker, engaging and placing traps as I go. On brave hero stayed behind to open the flood gates, abd flood out the entire floor, so as to protect my dwarves. Now, I had assumed the battle had allready been won by the elves, but I found I had one person still fighting, Mr. Expert Boss, that is. Now let me give a quick backstory here, as it will help you understand what happens next. This man's parents died around when he was born, he had to raise himself, with only his peacock for company, he was very anti-social, had no friends, never a girlfriend of any kind, just this peacock. Now, whilst he was fighting, an elf killed his peacock. He went berserk. He took the weapon he had, merely a bronze sword, and cut a line through the elves. He reached annother fallen warrior, who had a bronze crossbow, some arrows, and one platinum, gem-encrusted arrow a dwarf made while in a "strange mood". Having obtained these weapons, he did the natural thing, and started wailing on the elves with the blunt end of the crossbow. The elves tried to make a retreat, but ended up being speared on arrows. This poor, insane man took out what I now think may have been the last of the elven race, without any assistance. The worst part is that he had gone so far over the edge, that he could not return to sanity. R.I.P. Aírame Üsfeded. And his peacock.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
Re: The final word in dwaven paranoia/My peacock friend
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »

Manly tears are shed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The final word in dwaven paranoia/My peacock friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:07:10 pm »

Why? That dwarf died as a true dwarf should: Mad and killing everything around him. Rejoice, another has met his true fate!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.