Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fray - Simultaneous Squad Tactics  (Read 1154 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Fray - Simultaneous Squad Tactics
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:08:37 pm »

http://www.fray-game.com/game/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/01/fever-fray-first-fray-screens-interview/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided to myself that this game isn't getting enough publicity considering how awesome it looks, so I'm making a topic for it.   :P

Fray is a multiplayer Simultaneous turned based game where you control a squad of 4 soldiers to shoot up another guys squad of 4 soldiers.  Turns are taken in a similar fashion to frozen synapse, where you make your choices and then see how it plays out.  Its designed to be fairly fast paced, with time limits on the turns and initiative bonuses for submitting your turn quickly. 

Your squad is customizable with 6 possible classes and choices of loadouts/abilities for each soldier.  Weapons and such are all sci-fi, such as freeze guns, teleporters and portable earthquake-gloves.  It really does look like its going to be great.

As far as I can tell it doesn't have a release date yet, but the pre-orders are starting in January.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:06:35 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fray - Simultaneous Squad Tactics
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »

Meh. Worst Trailer ever.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 05:02:04 pm »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:02:48 pm »

Okay, now I'm really curious about the trailer.   :P  I'll see what is so bad once I'm off work. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:19:54 pm »

Basicaly, the first minute consists only of the camera panning over some energy cables on the floor with some text reciting emo poetry. The cables are connected to some helmet that a guy laying in one of those thingamagigs people use to connect to the matrix in the movies. He wakes up all groggy, takes the helmet off, messes with a super high tech computer thing, issues a lockdown/shutdown to the building's "level 3", then runs away and does some parkour stuff. After he leaves a CG scene of a squad breaking in the silliest way possible comes up.

Then they cut back to him, now on a rooftop of a pretty ordinary european city, cuts to his face, and ends.

TL;DR the trailer has nothing to do with anything, and has zero game fottage, not even screenshots.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 05:34:11 pm »

I think they accidentally swapped game footage and beta testing security footage.