Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding Wealth and Things Caused by It  (Read 709 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Regarding Wealth and Things Caused by It
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »

I just had a metalcrafter make an adamantine bracelet and it skyrocketed my freaking wealth (worth 723600!!!!) and I'm wondering... WHat does wealth even accomplish? All i ever get with things like this is crap to sell to merchants... All I'mtold is it attracts kobalds cause they steal things, and while im at it, what does Import/Export do and how do I increase it?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Wealth and Things Caused by It
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:20:47 pm »

Greater wealth causes:
- Larger groups of immigrants.
- Larger groups of invaders.
- Megabeast attacks.
- Promotion to capital.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

Promotion to capital? Doesn't that require nobles to coem to you that you can't get in current version due to bugs?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 08:25:16 pm »

Promotion to capital? Doesn't that require nobles to come to you that you can't get in current version due to bugs?
Not really. The bugged nobles normally show up when your fort is upgraded, not your fort being upgraded because you have the bugged nobles. As such you can be upgraded to the capital perfectly fine in the current version, it is just that some of the effects (like the bugged nobles) never occur.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:40:50 pm »

Can you tell me exactly whats bugged about nobles then? I was told I could never get a baron, let alone a monarch

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 11:58:41 pm »

Currently the nobles that are appointed by the baron are bugged, meaning the dungeon master and the hammerer (and technically the tax collector, but that was disabled purposely rather then being a bug). Barons occur when the liaison offers to upgrade your fort and then you are able to pick one of your dwarves who will assume the position. Currently the only thing bugged about the baron is that if he dies without an heir (son or daughter) then you can't appoint a new one and will never be able to have one again. As for kings they aren't really bugged at all except for this annoying tendency to die and not be replaced during world ten, meaning that when they are supposed to show up nobody does since the king is dead.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.