Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing the look of your fortress with Dwarf Paint  (Read 1715 times)

captain_carrot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Changing the look of your fortress with Dwarf Paint
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »

I play fortress mode almost exclusively, and I am often despairing at the non-uniformity of my fortress in general, since it is built into several different mineral veins.  But then it struck me, I would presume it would be fairly easy to add wall paints, and this is a technology easily thousands of years old, so could there be a way to make paints with which to decorate your fortress walls, increase the worth of a room, and, by happy coincidence, keep your whole fortress a uniform colour? 

I'd really appreciate it, and so would my OCD

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the look of your fortress with Dwarf Paint
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:01:39 am »

Has been suggested countless times xd

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:54:44 am »

Why is it new people never search?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:17:53 am »

thay haven leant the secret rites to summon Footkerchief master of the search engine.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »

thay haven leant the secret rites to summon Footkerchief master of the search engine.
Ironically, the secret rite to summon Footkerchief is to post a suggestion that's been previously suggested.

Edit: Probably not actually irony. Oh well.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:19:47 pm »

I play fortress mode almost exclusively, and I am often despairing at the non-uniformity of my fortress in general, since it is built into several different mineral veins.  But then it struck me, I would presume it would be fairly easy to add wall paints, and this is a technology easily thousands of years old, so could there be a way to make paints with which to decorate your fortress walls, increase the worth of a room, and, by happy coincidence, keep your whole fortress a uniform colour? 

I'd really appreciate it, and so would my OCD
YES
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.