Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So the dwarven caravan was ambushed  (Read 1249 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So the dwarven caravan was ambushed
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:32:25 pm »

Right when it arrived a goblin ambush appeared and perforated the caravan, all of them died. The liason somehow made it inside the fort, but will i suffer any consequences because of the caravan's death?

On the plus side, my dwarves are picking through their goods like vultures. Free steel weapons and armor!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: So the dwarven caravan was ambushed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:19 pm »

I might be wrong, but since your dwarves weren't the ones responsible for the caravan's death, there won't be a loyalty cascade.  The Mountainhomes don't retaliate, either.  Anyone else?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:12:33 pm »

I think the only penalty will be it'll hurt trade, so the next caravan may not be as well-stocked.

Kentti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »

Only one ambush slaughtered the dwarves?
Then they were weaklings and deserved to die!

(In my own game a dwarven caravan killed four ambushes ^^)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »

You won't face repercussions for killing them but the fact of the matter is trading with you got them a major deficit so expect the next caravan to be laden with garbage.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »

Right when it arrived a goblin ambush appeared and perforated the caravan, all of them died. The liason somehow made it inside the fort, but will i suffer any consequences because of the caravan's death?

On the plus side, my dwarves are picking through their goods like vultures. Free steel weapons and armor!

I'm sorry but this just sounds so similar to Fallout: New Vegas Ringo. He was in a a caravan ambush or whatever and was the only survivor such as the Liason
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.