Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I find out about the state of a civilization in the modern game?  (Read 332 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Legends mode for the civilization I'm trying to learn about only goes to 261. I really want to find out who's in charge of the civilization and the army.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find out about the state of a civilization in the modern game?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:58:32 pm »

In a similar vein, I'd like to know how to determine the available items (equipment, etc) for a given civilization before trying to embark as that civilization. Ideally, I could get a list of what the civ can and cannot make so I could know what equipment limitations I'll face prior to embark. (eg. No copper or no high boots, etc.)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:00:00 am »

I seriously wouldn't want to have to look through the entire age of myth scroll manually for the most recent king and general.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:13 am »

Aw crap. I justed realized the civilization I selected was wiped out a long time ago...B-but...they're at WAR with the elves...No other dwarven civilization is at war with those treehuggers, and there's a volcano with FLUX STONE in arms reach...Although there's no shallow metals...
It was inevitable.

UnHerpers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:13:45 am »

For the leader identities and available equipment it's not hard to determine by embarking, finding out and then savescumming. (make sure "initial save" is turned off) For leaders just press C then look. For equipment assign a dwarf to manager position, then hit (u)nits (m)anager and check what can/can't be made.
Once you are done alt+ctrl+del and end the DF task.

Also you can start a war with elves yourself in adventure mode. (you can piss them off enough to get them to send ambushes in fortress mode but I don't know if that is the same as war)