Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Human fortress - no nobles  (Read 2969 times)

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Human fortress - no nobles
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »

Before I get flak for non vanilla play I want to say I love DF but it was getting to easy to simply wall out the baddies so I wanted to play a human surface only game.

Naturally I modded the humans to be playable, changing nothing else from the 31.25 raws besides the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]. In playing them everything seems to fine except when a herd of badgermen appear and attack my woodcutters.

Assemble the troops I cry, but to no avail as the noble screen is blank. Without nobles I cant appoint militia captains and create a squad, nor a broker to trade, making things very very fun. In addition the liaison arrived and promptly left unhappy - I had no mayor or expedition leader to talk to.

My question: is this a bug? Or do I need to mod the dwarf nobility into the humans? Perhaps its just me and my computer. I figure I would ask here before I report it as a bug.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: DF Human fortress - no nobles
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:35:50 am »

You need to add the positions.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:20:25 am »

Yup, vanilla DF has no noble positions set for humans other than warlord. you need to mod those in.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:57 am »

Easiest is just to copy the nobles from the dwarves over to the humans, you'll want a militia captain (or was it militia commander) at least so you can make squads.

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 12:26:03 pm »

Humans?  Humans?!  ON THE SURFACE?!!! 

You are on a VERY slippery slope, my friend, a very slippery slope indeed.  It is only a matter of time before you are shooting up heroin on the sidewalks with your filthy elven friends, begging for another shot at life.   May Armok cleanse you with fire!

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 12:40:57 pm »

Elves...on a sidewalk? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound very elven at all.

I support the effort to humanize DF. More ways to play = more FUN.

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 04:00:16 pm »

So I'm guessing warlord is not the mayor/expedition leader equivalent, or if it is perhaps its just not working properly for fortress mode and will have to be moded out and replaced entirely with the Dwarf system to properly play.

What elf lover made so that the elves had their system set up for instant play but not the humans! THIS IS WHY I NEED HEROINE!