Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to scroll the menu when placing a farm and rock removal  (Read 338 times)

karlgoran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to scroll the menu when placing a farm and rock removal
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »

Hi. When i build a farm i can pick between different types of stuff to grow on that farm. Alt + arrow doesn't work to pick what to grow and neither does + or -. It's just not working like the other menues. Any suggestions on how to key bind this for it to work?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to scroll the menu when placing a farm and rock removal
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:55:04 pm »

+ and - work for me. Both on the numpad and the normal keyboard.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:30:13 am »

Hmm, - you may need to choose the season (a, b, c, d) before selecting the crops.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:27 am »

Yeah, I had that problem.  The interface off of the farm, leaves a lot to be desired.  The player need to setup a crop for each season.  By default DF sets it to fallow for all four growing seasons, and no fertilization.  The crops are different depending on whether they get sunlight or cavelight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sincerely,
Knutor

"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:20 am »

I've been playing for quite a few years now, since the 2D version, and I've never bothered with fertilization, personally.  I suppose it might be something I try just for entertainment if I get bored at some point - kind of a "I've never done that, let's try it" thing.
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"