Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Champions of Armok - The Chronicles (Community Adventure Mode)  (Read 1133 times)

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Champions of Armok - The Chronicles (Community Adventure Mode)
« on: December 11, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »

Well, reading another post, I thought it would be cool do do something like this. I will play in adventure mode, write about what happens, and then you tell me what to do next. Also, if you want to become a follower, just say what you want his or her name to be, and ill get one the next time I visit a village.

Our first Hero is a human from Pesor Kisnast. He is a skilled axeman, a proficient fighter, a competent shield user, a adequate armor user, and a novice dodger. As for his physical and mental stats, he has high strength, and an above average agility, endurance, toughness and kinetics sense. His name is Raji Songhonored.

Raji feels that a life of sparring, and sitting around a village all day waiting for sieges was too boring. That was a year ago, now it is the 2nd of Moonstone, 10 and he has trained and gotten his gear together, and is now ready to start adventuring. But, where could he possibly do?

A: Go out to the woods and practice on animals
B: Look for bandit camps
C: Try to find a quest in the village
D: Travel to the nearby town/fort
E: Other
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Champions of Armok - The Chronicles (Community Adventure Mode)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:38:33 pm »

Hmm, a community adventurer...
I put my vote forward for C.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

Raji starts walking towards the nearest building, and pokes his head inside the door. There is a single pump operator sitting on the wall opposite of him. Approaching the man, Raji greets him. "Hello". Raji asks "Do you know of any beasts in the nearby area?" The man replies "Sorry son, but I am afraid I don't." After saying goodbye, Raji walks into the next building, hoping for better luck. As he opens the door, he realizes that there must be atleast 15 people cramped in the small quarters of the farm. Raji speaks up, and starts to make an announcement. "Does anyone know of any dangers near this village?" It seems that this village is already well protected by their nation, because no one can give him any places. Slightly discouraged, he starts to leave the town. He decides to go to the other town, but on the way out, a surgeon begs for him to take him adventuring. Raji accepts, as having someone to watch your back at night is always useful. Contemplating his situation, he comes up with a few ideas as to what he should do next

A: Head over to the Mountainhoems a short distance to the south
B: Continue looking for quests.
C: Wander around looking for a fight.
D: Other.

((OOC: If anyone wants said surgeon, speak up.))
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »

Raji starts walking towards the nearest building, and pokes his head inside the door. There is a single pump operator sitting on the wall opposite of him. Approaching the man, Raji greets him. "Hello". Raji asks "Do you know of any beasts in the nearby area?" The man replies "Sorry son, but I am afraid I don't." After saying goodbye, Raji walks into the next building, hoping for better luck. As he opens the door, he realizes that there must be atleast 15 people cramped in the small quarters of the farm. Raji speaks up, and starts to make an announcement. "Does anyone know of any dangers near this village?" It seems that this village is already well protected by their nation, because no one can give him any places. Slightly discouraged, he starts to leave the town. He decides to go to the other town, but on the way out, a surgeon begs for him to take him adventuring. Raji accepts, as having someone to watch your back at night is always useful. Contemplating his situation, he comes up with a few ideas as to what he should do next

A: Head over to the Mountainhoems a short distance to the south
B: Continue looking for quests.
C: Wander around looking for a fight.
D: Other.

((OOC: If anyone wants said surgeon, speak up.))

A
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Eastep

• Bay Watcher
  • Puppysicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 06:22:04 pm »

I'm going to say A as well.
Also, I'll take the surgeon. Name him Eastep, and we'll see how long he lives.
Forgotten Beasts just want to be loved!

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:24 pm »

I'm going to say A as well.
Also, I'll take the surgeon. Name him Eastep, and we'll see how long he lives.

Not past the first engagement.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 10:14:11 pm »

Departing the town, Raji and his follower head south, towards the Mountainhomes. Time seems to go by extremely fast, and before they know it, night is near. Raji tells Eastep to watch his back till dawn, and shortly after he is woken up. They walked for several more days, and finally the mountain was in sight. There was a slight problem though - none of them knew where the entrance to the mountain was. So, they started walking around it, looking for a way in. Another night passed, but this time he was awoken by shouting - the shouts of goblin. Raji quickly realized it was an ambush, and drew his axe. Charging in, he didn't even count how many foes he was facing, though it was atleast 10. Letting down a mighty swing on a goblin spearman, he lopped off his arm. Spinning around, he blocked an arrow, and went back to severing body parts. A second and third hit only inflicted minor cuts, and then he went in for the kill. Hefting his axe, he swung it straight down on what remained of the goblins shoulder, breaking through the ribs and ripping his heart apart. Eastep finally woke up (Must be a really heavy sleeper...) and started slicing goblins with surgical precision. Raji started walking over to the next one, but was attacked from the side by a sword goblin. Deflecting this attack, he counterstriked and cut the goblins foot off. Another arrow flew towards him, and lodged into his leg. Recoiling in pain, the goblin managed to cut a deep wound in his sword arm. Switching hands, he then stabbed the goblin in the guts, spilling them all over the ground. Blocking more arrows, he sprinted towards the bowgoblin. Well, the best he could do with an arrow in his leg, it was more of a fast limp. He reached the goblin, and lopped his head off in one quick swoop. Eastep had killed two goblins, but was bleeding heavily from arrow and dagger wounds. Walking over to him, Raji snapped the arrow out of his leg. Throwing his dagger at a bowgoblin, it hit him in the leg. The archer fired back in retaliation, and landed a mortal wound to Raji - right through the throat. Kneeling over, he could feel his life slowly drain out of him. No, he was not going to die like this. Standing up, the threw his shield down, and sprinted over to his attacker. His skin was already pale, and he was feeling extremely faint. The goblin notched another arrow, and shot again. This time, it punctured one of his lungs. But Raji still kept going, and landed but a single swing on the goblin before he passed out.

((OOC: Stupid archers are always the ones that kill me... Anyways, Raji met an ahh less then heroic ending. I think I will generate a new world, but this time fill it with monsters, sites etc. because there was literally no quests. Now, time for you guys to pick...))

Skill level:
Peasant
Hero
Demigod

Race:
Elf
Human
Dwarf

Skills:
(I won't list them all...)