Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: urist mcdwarf hit hit lava 14 zlvl's down SPOILERS  (Read 2871 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: urist mcdwarf hit hit lava 14 zlvl's down SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »

Well if a magma pipe hit the surface then any magma that was "in" the pipe would be magma, however any that was on the top of the pipe (and therefore outside) would be lava.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 10:07:05 pm »

Also, can we please stop it with the stupid Necro910 magma meme? It was never funny, results in constant pointless thread derailments, and has only gotten ever more stupid and annoying as he's done it to death and beyond, and other people encouraging him has only made it worse.

+1

That whole schtick has gotten pretty old.
The use of magma as the dwarf's best friend is as old as DF, if not older. Let Necro910's succinct summary stand forever!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »

The use of magma as the dwarf's best friend is as old as DF, if not older. Let Necro910's succinct summary stand forever!
If you do that, Necro910 will get this thread shut down.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:07 pm »

Meh, let him keep it up, and eventually he will be permabanned.
This is a blank sig.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »

a miner dug down 14 z levels and hit a lava pipe (magma pool is the old name.)

the 1st cavern level has a magma pool and were level 3 would be there is only lava sea.

if i dig deeper will demons come out and burn my ass

Alright...sometimes magma pipes extend past the bottom cavern layer. Some of these are called volcanoes. Good so far?
Is there actually only one cavern layer? Check by digging and don't complain if cave dragons or whatnot decide that they want an Urist McNugget.
Finally, no. Demons are VERY hard to find; there are two ways, and digging into the third cavern isn't one of them.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms
Pages: 1 [2]