Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Volcanos  (Read 1040 times)

h45hc0d3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Volcanos
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 11:59:46 am »

So wall grate  for my magma forge and floor above it?

Nothing can attack an impassable building tile that's directly above it. When you place a magma-using building you want to be really sure the hole down to magma is completely covered by a dark green (impassible) square of the building placement rectangle. This will block all access from below in case anything strange ever swims up from the depths.

The floor grates are handy though. You can build clown-resistant plumbing with them.

That's also why floor hatches are so popular, right?

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 12:06:33 pm »

Has anyone ever actually seen anything crawl out of a volcano in a recent version of the game? I see magma crabs hanging out around them all the time, but their AI never seems to decide to go after me or anything, even when I have an obvious route from the magma to my delicious flammable dwarves. 

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »

I have, but only when the creature naturally patched close to the top of the lava flow. It's because of the lines of sight of the creatures prevent them from seeing the dwarves. You can sort of thing of it like a glass with a pencil in it to show line of sight. As the end of the pencil (the magma creature) moves farther down the glass (magma tube) then they can't see things standing near the edge of that tube (since the other pencil end raises) preventing them from drawing line of sight and hostility on nearby dwarves.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]