Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Could someone create thread for compiling save files with deathtrap fortresses?  (Read 1414 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The kind designed for adventurers in adventure mode, not for fortress mode to make fortress invincible  :P

I'd rather not create those for myself since 1) I suck at that 2) I would know location of all traps.

I'd also appreciate if you people would give me ideas what to do at those fortresses. I mean, since items are scattered, finding one single item would be boring.(unless that one single item is masterpiece adamantine sword at certain underground structure with fortress leading up to there, but thats different story) It would be nice to have a goal to fulfill...

But yeah, I'm willing to take up challenges of that short if you people have them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:45:56 am by MaskedMiner »

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the closest (recent) thing I can find: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98593.0

I don't think they started yet. They're probably waiting for the next release.

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile

If you want to create a fortress for your adventurer, you can use a tool within DFHack to mark your fortress as a lair. Items shouldn't be scattered then.
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm, is my English that hard to understand? I mean, I just said that I won't create a fortress for myself because 1) I'm not good at creating fortresses for adventurers 2) I would know location of all traps and stuff so it wouldn't really be that fun.

Logen910

• Bay Watcher
  • Biting people to death since 126,000 B.C.
    • View Profile

you should make this some type of competition. i think nobody will create such a fortress just for you.
This is a russian player. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with blood, death and pain and encircled with bands of bad grammar mistakes.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeaaaaah, that was my original idea, but I figured out "Hmm, other people might want to play through such fortresses too" so thats the reason I chose current thread name ^^;

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

I could atempt to do this but don't get your hopes up too high :P

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could atempt to do this but don't get your hopes up too high :P

I'll look forward to it  :)

But yeah, if I would create a contest, should I wait first that this thread has been forgotten? xD