Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bringing Urist McMiner back to work  (Read 1304 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Bringing Urist McMiner back to work
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 03:14:16 pm »

You could mod nervous tissue so it heals really slowly, that'll get him walking eventually, assuming he doesn't die to one thing or another.

This is pretty much the only way to fix spine injuries. Not sure if the dwarf'll still be able to move though:(

I find it quite funny that a dwarf with no arms or legs will happily roll around the place, but one with a spinal injury tends to just fallow on the spot:(

I seriously suggest making this guy your mayor:P
[Or end his life]
[Or end his life when he's mayor]

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 04:26:44 pm »

Make him your hammerer.
You profit.
The innoncent crafters profit.
The hammerer profits by not having to bash in skulls.
Though he may roll up to somebody and bite them, but that's another story (that really happened.... Here in the forums)
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »

There is no hammerer in .31. I think they'll be coming back next version, but I don't know if they'll migrate in or be picked from the fortress population.

Yeah, the miner won't ever get up unless nervous tissue is given a healing rate. There was a page on the wiki detailing each tissue type and its healing rate, but I can't find it even searching the wiki with Google. Anyway, bone has a healing rate of 1000. I think 2000 is an acceptable value for nervous tissue. Something higher would be more realistic, but the slower it is, the more it might as well be 0.

Is there any generic motor / sensory nerve damaged listed? I'm curious about where those generic nerves actually are (maybe just in grasp / stance parts?)...
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]